Thursday, December 15, 2011

baby seal home couch


baby seal home couch
baby seal home couch. A New Zealand woman thought she was hallucinating when a clattering noise prompted her to run downstairs and check on the cats - and she found a baby seal in her kitchen.

A seal pup had wandered from his nearby waterfront home, through the residential area where Annette Swoffer lives, and finally wriggled though the cat door at her house, the New Zealand Herald reported.

“I thought the cats brought a rabbit or something in, so I went down and had a look – and there’s a seal in my kitchen,” she said.

“I was standing there thinking, ‘this is really strange.’”

After calling a neighbor over to verify what she was seeing was true, Swoffer called the SPCA.

“They were giggling away and I’m saying, ‘I’m not drunk, I’m not lying,’ there’s a seal in my house,” she told the New Zealand Herald.

Meanwhile, the seal, undisturbed, waddled right past Swoffer into her living room and plopped down on the couch.

“Then it looks at me with those huge brown eyes,” she said to the New Zealand Herald. “It was so cute, but I didn’t touch it because you don’t with wild animals.”

The SPCA called the Department of Conservation, which was already on the hunt for the missing seal, who had been spotted traipsing in someone else’s garden earlier in the afternoon.

The department removed the stray pup and returned him to the water.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons