Sunday, December 11, 2011

CELEBS WHO HAVE SLIMMED DOWN



CELEBS WHO HAVE SLIMMED DOWN

New Year's resolutions are around the corner, but some stars have already crossed "get in shape" off their list. "The Sitter" star Jonah Hill, for instance, was the talk of the town when he showed off a slimmed-down figure while promoting "Moneyball" -- a feat quite impressive, considering his co-star was Brad Pitt. Scroll through and


Jonah Hill

He says he doesn't like to count the pounds, but it's estimated that Hill lost around 40 pounds this year after seeing a nutritionist. The one thing he didn't lose? His sense of humor. "If I started down the numbers path, I would get no work done," he told Esquire. "It's funny because people are like, 'Oh, is he not funny anymore?'"
Jennifer Hudson

Now a spokeswoman for Weight Watchers, Hudson has lost 80 pounds since weighing her heaviest during her "American Idol" days. The "Dreamgirls" star, who opened the Jennifer Hudson Weight Watchers Center in Chicago in September, said it was her "American Idol" run that made her realize it was time to shed the pounds. "I didn't
even know I was considered plus-sized until I came to Hollywood," she told Self. "I thought I was the perfect size!"
Gerard Butler

While being jolly is often associated with being fat, a good sense of humor can also come from weight loss. "I ate my last meal in October, and I run about 40 miles a day," Butler joked to MSNBC in September. He lost the weight for a surfing movie by doing yoga, eating better and, of course, by surfing.
Kelly Osbourne

After taking a beating in the press for her weight, Kelly Osbourne decided to do something about it. "I understand that being judged by others comes with the territory, but it broke my heart and ruined my self-esteem," she told Shape last November. She lost a total of 50 pounds, beginning with a stint on "Dancing With
the Stars" and continuing with plyometrics and a high-protein, low-carb diet that now allows her to call Christina Aguilera fat.
Snooki

Less of a meatball than she was last year, Snooki definitely continued with the "gym, tan, laundry" routine made popular on "Jersey Shore," but she also credits diet pills for her 17-pound weight loss. "Glad to hear reports that say I look good," she tweeted in September. "But it's not because of HCG! Thanks @Zantrex!"
Kirstie Alley

Unflattering photos of yo-yo dieter Kirstie Alley were regularly featured in tabloids, until the actress decided to take some action after getting in better shape on "Dancing With the Stars" this spring. By September she was walking the runway for Zang Toi during New York Fashion Week. Alley told Entertainment Tonight that she
lost 100 pounds. "I feel like I'm back in my element," she told the show. "I honestly didn't even realize what I looked like.
erry Ferrara

Part of the charm of Turtle -- Ferrara's character on "Entourage" -- was the way he looked. He couldn't be a physically fit pothead mooch. Luckily, when Ferrara decided to trim down last year, his character was transforming as well. "[Entourage creator] Doug Ellin, when I first walked back into the office after not having
seen him for a few months, he was like, "Dude, what did you do?" Ferrara told New York magazine. "Fortunately, it fit the way the character was going in terms of his evolution.
ordin Sparks

Former "American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks changed her diet and took Zumba -- a Latin-inspired dance fitness class -- to drop from her size 14 while wrapping the show four years ago to a size 8. "I've always felt cute, but now I feel sexier," she told People. "I'm in a good place now
Fat Joe

You don't get a name like Fat Joe for nothing. The rapper says he's been fat his whole life, until recently when he dropped 100 pounds after losing a number of friends to heart attacks. "I always took pride in being fat," he told CNN. "I represented big people, but I realized, at a certain point all my big people were dying." He became a
"gym rat" to shed the pounds and kick diabetes too
Seth Rogen

Seth Rogen as a superhero seemed like a far-fetched concept, until the actor took off 30 pounds in 2009 to play Green Hornet. He worked out with celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak to shed the weight, but has confessed that he struggles to keep the pounds off. "I'm slowly outgrowing all the clothes I bought last year," he told Us
Weekly in March. "It's a sad thing. I gave away all my fat clothes, thinking, 'I won't need these anymore,' but I do!
Jill Scott

The singer decided to make weight loss fun and used a combination of boxing and biking to shed 63 pounds over the past couple years. Having a child was what initially got her to crack down on physical fitness. She told Essence, "There's a world of discovery in  eyes, and I want to be around to enjoy it!"
Drew Carey

After a gradual climb to a size 44, the "Price Is Right" host dropped 92 pounds to an even 170 in just one year. His awakening came when he was out of breath after minutes of playing with his fiancee's 5-year-old son. Carey got a trainer and nutritionist and turned his life around, even reversing his diabetes symptoms. "I look in
the mirror and I feel like I'm in my 20s again," he told Parade. "I feel like I have my whole life back. I could live to be 100 now."
Raven Symone

The "That's So Raven" star was always comfortable with a few extra pounds, even declaring in 2008 that she was "thick and fabulous!" This year she stepped out 70 pounds lighter, but she's still getting comfortable with her new body. "Now I wear bigger clothes because I don't like the way people stare at me," she told Daily Mail. "I
liked it before. Now you're just looking at me for the wrong reasons."
Marc Jacobs

Designers need to look sharp if they are going to dress the Hollywood elite, and in 2007, Marc Jacobs got fit by eating an organic diet with no flour, sugar, dairy or caffeine. He also worked out two hours a day, seven days a week. The weight loss didn't come without some criticism, though. He told New York Daily News, "You're
going to get a bunch of blogs saying, 'He must be on meth in order to be that skinny compared to 10 months ago.
Sara Rue

Rue did some serious "Shedding for the Wedding" and lost 50 pounds before marrying this past spring. Now a spokesperson for Jenny Craig, the actress did about an hour of cardio a day and ate controlled portions to lose the weight. "I wandered to the back of the store where all the bride gowns were," she told People last year. "The
woman zipped it up, and she had to clamp it in the back because it was too big. It was just a great feeling.
John Goodman

He was large and in charge on "Roseanne" and continued to pack on the pounds throughout his career until 2007, when he quit drinking and hired a health coach. Over a three-year span, Goodman dropped 100 pounds, cut sugar from his diet, and did a light workout six days a week. "I know it sounds sappy, but it was a
waste," he told People. "It takes a lot of creative energy to sit on your ass and figure out what you're going to eat next. ... I wanted to live life better."
Carlos Mencia

It took a downward career turn for comedian Carlos Mencia to shape up both physically and mentally this year. After being accused of stealing jokes and losing fan support, the "Mind of Mencia" star took time off, sought therapy and this year resurfaced with a new special and a new look. He lost 70 pounds and in the process found
a new attitude. He told The New York Times: "America is such a great country; we have fat poor people.
Peter Jackson

At one point he was lord of the Ring Dings, but the director/producer dropped 70 pounds back in 2005 while filming "King Kong." He's kept the weight off with a healthy lifestyle, telling Daily Telegraph, "I just got tired of being overweight and unfit, so I changed my diet from hamburgers to yogurt and muesli, and it seems to work.
Aretha Franklin

While some suggested that The Queen of Soul lost 85 pounds through gastric bypass surgery, Franklin denies those claims and says she lost weight by cutting foods like pig's feet out of her diet. The 68-year-old went on "The Wendy Williams Show" in March and told the host, "I was doing everything you could to lose that weight,
and it's hard.you can't continue eating things that will hurt you eventually.
Kevin Smith

It's hard to tell under those hockey jerseys, but there was a time last year when the filmmaker was asked to leave a Southwest flight because he couldn't fit into his seat. He's taken off 65 pounds since then, but refuses to change his look. "At that moment, I was like, you know what? I'll lose the weight but I'm not putting on thinner
clothes," he said during an interview on "The Joy Behar Show." "Because why? What's the difference? I'm still the same person I was 65 pounds heavier.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons